Featured post

'Thinking Outside the Box'- The Bob Animations

I give you the first of 'The Bob Animations.' I hope you enjoy this little animation. The next one is already in production!!!

Friday, 21 September 2012

Swivel Bridge

The Bridge turn-around: My design was heavily inspired by Thomas Heatherwick's unfolding bridge design. My bridge operates on a pivot point, each circular platform will swing out of the last bigger one until it slots into place on the other side of the gap. Whether this would work in reality or not remains to be seen. (But it would be pretty cool to watch it unfold)

2 comments:

  1. Hello!

    I'm in your class and enjoyed your presentation this morning! :)
    I really like this bridge - reminds me of a bridge from the film Thor. Although that bridge is not folding it just some how reminds me of it.
    If only your design could be real! It would be so interesting to walk across. :)
    Good work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I tell you what, presenting is something thats going to take a lot of getting used to. Thank goodness this course will give us practice. As for the bridge, I kind of thought a this design would be fun. I just liked the mechanics of Thomas Heatherwick's design; I've only seen pictures of it and its pretty cool. I saw Thor! Great film (I'm a sucker for superheroes) and that bridge was pretty jazzy! (even if it didn't fold up :D )

      Delete