Featured post

'Thinking Outside the Box'- The Bob Animations

I give you the first of 'The Bob Animations.' I hope you enjoy this little animation. The next one is already in production!!!

Saturday, 13 October 2012

Life Drawing (Session 3)

The results of my third life drawing session (9/10/2012). We were encouraged to use charcoal in this session. It definitely makes your work stand off the page and makes shading far easier. We were initially made to sketch four quick poses, two minutes for each.

 


The following was a ten minute pose. I'm quite happy with this drawing although as usual I appear to have made the head too small and as I reached the midway on my easel, I found my strokes for the legs getting rather long. Its all in the practice!

We followed this sketching practice with one on a mid-tone. This last sketch was going to last a lot longer so we did half in the last session and plan to finish it in the next. So we'll see the product of that in a few days time.

No comments:

Post a Comment