Featured post

'Thinking Outside the Box'- The Bob Animations

I give you the first of 'The Bob Animations.' I hope you enjoy this little animation. The next one is already in production!!!

Friday, 12 October 2012

Project 1: Cinematic spaces (Photoshop Tutorial 3)

Here are the results from a third photoshop tutorial. We were made to focus on perspective again, continuing on from last week.We were also shown how to create our own brushes to fit the purpose we needed them for, for example creating hundred of books on a book shelf; rather than creating each book individually, we created the brush and just painted! Henceforth to get the gist of the exercise I tried to design a library; utilizing the brush making technique but also 'transforming' things in 'perspective'.



Here we have an attempt at recreating one of my thumbnail designs in perspective. A really steep angle view of  a star shaped Rampart described in Lovecrafts novel. I utilized textures in this one, overlaying tree bark for a more 'ruined stone' look. It helped a lot. Its definitly something I will continue to do when creating my textures designs.

2 comments:

  1. As I told you during classes - first one looks like a 3D model, and in the second one I'm literally in love :I It looks like a developed, final concept piece! It's awesome : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the second one too - bags of energy, but notice how the picture plane is divided exactly in half by the edge of the tower. I know this is a thumbnail, as opposed to a resolved composition, but it's interesting to note the consequence of symmetry here - it subtracts interest from the composition - removes any grit from the oyster - makes it seem too organised.

    ReplyDelete