Featured post

'Thinking Outside the Box'- The Bob Animations

I give you the first of 'The Bob Animations.' I hope you enjoy this little animation. The next one is already in production!!!

Saturday, 20 October 2012

Project 1: Cinematic Spaces (Thumbnails-8)

Another sheet of thumbnails exploring a new version of the desolate alien city. Some further developing into the star shape ramparts, turning them on a horizontal or vertical plane and the last couple are exploring a slightly 'Giger' approach- Tubular interconnecting shapes. I need to expand on this more, however I think his style might come in more useful with the designing of the interior carvings of this lost species. H.R. Giger is very famous for 'Alien' after all...
In an earlier post I decided to toy with number 48 in photoshop as my excerpt 1 concept, which has actually turned out-so far- rather well. However I think I would like to try out 50 for the whole angle view. These explorers are traveling in an aircraft over the city, so there would be such a view seen from their cockpit window. As for excerpt 2, the star shaped rampart, I have begun to use photoshop to test numbers 46 and 51. But as with all my thumbnails I may combine a mix of several of similar subjects when digitally painting to see if I ca dream up a more interesting composition.

2 comments:

  1. 48 and 49 are very immersive and epic and convey grandeur and scale nicely too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 46 and 50, yes please!
    I'm really looking forward to seeing what you will come up with! :) A very nice sheet of thumbnails! All of them are interesting, to be honest!

    ReplyDelete