Featured post

'Thinking Outside the Box'- The Bob Animations

I give you the first of 'The Bob Animations.' I hope you enjoy this little animation. The next one is already in production!!!

Sunday, 18 November 2012

Life Drawing- Session 8

Our eighth life drawing session saw us encouraged to use a multitude of mediums in our drawing. having enjoyed using scratchy ink pens last time iI decided I'd try it again.


With our quick sketches done and a glance around the room, I saw one of my peers work, which had some incredible regular strokes in it. When I asked how it was achieved, she simply lifted a half blackened pipe cleaner. Thoroughly inspired, I picked one up myself and proceeded to continue drawing with it and the pen for the rest of the evening. I used my pipe cleaner almost as a double ended brush. one end was dunked into neat ink, the other end into water. The watered end helped to push the heavy ink on my page around, but also dilute it into shades of grey. I was fairly pleased with the end results.



1 comment:

  1. I'm loving the second drawing! You can really feel that the model was deep in thoughts!
    Great drawings, Emily : )

    ReplyDelete