Featured post

'Thinking Outside the Box'- The Bob Animations

I give you the first of 'The Bob Animations.' I hope you enjoy this little animation. The next one is already in production!!!

Tuesday, 27 November 2012

Project 2: The Secret Lair (Creating the Hero Prop)

Having essentially got the design for the Hero Prop down, I thought it was high time I started building the thing within Maya.The ring itself was surprisingly easy to create to start with, but there is a long way to go. The next step would be to create the coin backplate featured in the final concept. Then get to work 'beating up' the material... a few dents here and there should do the trick. I'm sure scratches will come up later on in the process.


My only worry at the moment will be how I create the webbing sheets and anchors that hold the coin and ring together. Also trail off the back that provide the base from which the fish bones protrude. One step at a time. Here is my progress creating the ring so far. Onwards and upwards!



2 comments:

  1. The prop is looking really awesome! I can't wait to see it fully textured :) It's going to be even more amazing!

    ReplyDelete