Featured post

'Thinking Outside the Box'- The Bob Animations

I give you the first of 'The Bob Animations.' I hope you enjoy this little animation. The next one is already in production!!!

Friday, 30 November 2012

Project 2: The Secret Lair (Photosho Tutorial-3)

Today Phil reminded us how to be loose with our digital paintings. A valuable reminder when I was beginning to slip backward with regard to painting freely. Taking an A4 canvas, we divided them up into 3 more. We were encouraged to paint across all of them but create 3 separate paintings. We were to spend a grand total of five minutes on each. They had to be developed equally though. I have a habit of sticking with one until I finish, so I have some improving to do. Below are the paintings I created in this one hour session.




Having completed three sets of speed paintings, we were told to pick one and then spend ten minutes working into it. I was quite pleased with the outcome. But looking at the product I now I feel as though there should be some sort of craft flying into the foreground, skimming past that cloud... just to finish off the aesthetic.

5 comments:

  1. Uuuu, I love the last one! It's glowingggg with awesomness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Samantha :) i like the glow too.

      Delete
  2. Great work in the time emily, really free and instinctive. You should definitely start with one of these every time you work. Keep the energy up in your paintings.. good stuff..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phill and will do. My second attempt at my final concept definitely got too uptight! Fortunately, this session reminded me not to do that.

      Delete