Featured post

'Thinking Outside the Box'- The Bob Animations

I give you the first of 'The Bob Animations.' I hope you enjoy this little animation. The next one is already in production!!!

Friday, 7 December 2012

Project 2: The Secret Lair (Photoshop Tutorial-4)

Today we were encouraged to create several concept paintings. Each painting had a colour scheme taken from the 3 photographs that are blended into the background and help produce a canvas upon which to work. I think they went fairly well because you can't really tell what the original photographs were by the time I had finished painting.




This final image was created from the second of the set above. I'm happy with the change. Number 2 was irritating me with the fact it looked like a lost pair of clogs on some burned up planet. So I changed it into a space ship hovering over a sun in a spiny asteroid field. Its a huge improvement, but it still needs some depth to distinguish foreground and background. Its all looking a bit flat.


2 comments:

  1. Love this final image, Emily - I can hear the roar of those 'engines'...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like all of these! You did great job with the exercise!
    The final one - WOW, really!

    ReplyDelete