Featured post

'Thinking Outside the Box'- The Bob Animations

I give you the first of 'The Bob Animations.' I hope you enjoy this little animation. The next one is already in production!!!

Tuesday, 5 February 2013

Project 3: Storytelling and Commission (Character Designs)

The Clown

Here are some facial designs for my clown character. I find it easiest to start with geometric shapes and build out from there. For me as I have been drawing (even in the earlier stages) I keep connecting with drawing A. He's a naive looking character and not in any way scary, while I feel that B could be very creepy as could D.

 (Faces left to right, A-F)

Now below are a series of costume changes. From the beginning of the story to the end. he has an interview in his cowboy suit, moves onto wear the uniform as is stated in the rules and reg's, then finally adapts it by the end of the story.





1 comment:

  1. Hey Emily, yes, clown a has no 'uncanny' vibe - but I'd suggest his 'cowboy clown' outfit would be considerably more 'clownlike' alongside its rodeo stylings... I know he's an out of work clown when he goes for interview, but I still think his outfit should scream 'CLOWN' :)

    I also think he might look cute if his stetson was actually very small - especially ontop of that huge wig of his; you might think too of making him a 'sheriff' clown, so his outfit can include a great big star etc. Feels more theatrical to me anyway - larger than life.

    ReplyDelete