Featured post

'Thinking Outside the Box'- The Bob Animations

I give you the first of 'The Bob Animations.' I hope you enjoy this little animation. The next one is already in production!!!

Thursday, 7 February 2013

Project3: Storytelling and Commission-(Definitive Influence Maps)

So here are my final two influence maps for this project detailing the look I am heading for within my environment, and also the characteristics of my character.

Sheet A is the environment design. I'm going for a Diner as the restaurant style. In the late fourties (after World War II) Diners saw an increase in popularity as a cheap place to eat and therefore an ideal kind of restaurant. According to the 'American Diner Museum' There were number of rival companies all desperately trying to attract customers around the post-war period. I find it makes some sense for my characters manager to be a man, struggling to keep his dying restaurant open against the bigger chains swallowing up business.
The predominant pattern in many of these designs of diner is teh checkered floor and the seating plan; at the bar there are a series of bar stools and then occupying the rest of the space are series of tables and chairs for 4 or 2 people. In a fair few cases these are set up almost like booths with their thick padded chairs.


Her is my character influences page. I managed to locate some sillier cowboy costumes, but to really create the look I would need to clown things up a little uing bright colours and thoroughly exaggerated proportions. The waiter outfits for the diners seems to be more or less the same with small features such as colour coding and branding, making the difference between different chains if anything at all. Otherwise it would appear the uniforms are predominantly white with small black features such as the bow tie. When it comes down to the Lasso prop. I feel I should keep things simple and stick to the traditional western rope Lasso. Completely functional with its look. What makes it special is what my clown character manages to do with it.





1 comment:

  1. agreed! but maybe the lasso is a spaghetti one, as opposed to a real one - it doesn't have to be a real one, and - forgive me if I've got this wrong as I type this - isn't he already a waiter when the lasso is used, so why would he have one on him still?

    ReplyDelete