Featured post

'Thinking Outside the Box'- The Bob Animations

I give you the first of 'The Bob Animations.' I hope you enjoy this little animation. The next one is already in production!!!

Wednesday, 27 February 2013

Toolkit Animation- (Walk Cycle)

So a a few weeks back we were tasked to create a walk cycle so that 2 steps could be taken in exactly a second, equalling to 25 frames. Below shows the multi-coloured figuring-out stage when drawing the keyframes of a walk.


Working off the keyframes I redrew my walking person on clean sheets in pencil. It turned into a bit of a nightmare creating the frames that went between the keyframe- all the grey lines looked exactly the same! I eventually achieved a walk cycle. It's a bit sticky in place, there's a problem with an arm but I'm sure with practice I'll get the hang of it. Below are two versions of the walk, the first is of just the keyframes, the second is the finished cycle at 25 frames per second.
(Note: completed 2 weeks ago, but initial shots were bleached out, so it was reshot and left forgotten on a hard-drive for a week, sorry its so late!)

Keyframes

video

25 Frames per Second

video

1 comment: