Featured post

'Thinking Outside the Box'- The Bob Animations

I give you the first of 'The Bob Animations.' I hope you enjoy this little animation. The next one is already in production!!!

Wednesday, 6 March 2013

CG Artists Toolkit- (Rim Lights and Transparency)

In this Maya Tutorial we learned how to fake rim lights to try and give the character a better lit and 3 dimensional look to him. I'm fairly pleased with the result and also interested in the scattering used to create a better skin tone on the character. I had always wondered how the translucency was achieved.

Below is the final render with transparent materials. When completing this tutorial I was impressed with how well the transparent layers worked.  I can understand why some advertising companies turn to have their products depicted in CG there is a great degree of control to be had over the lighting of such objects.

No comments:

Post a Comment