Featured post

'Thinking Outside the Box'- The Bob Animations

I give you the first of 'The Bob Animations.' I hope you enjoy this little animation. The next one is already in production!!!

Tuesday, 5 March 2013

Project 4: The Fantastic Voyage- (About the gaming idea...)

OK so earlier today I had a rethink about the way I was hoping to design and create my biology based animation. I suddenly thought how complicated it would be trying to do both cell types in a face off format and though it might be better to just look at the one type of cell (whether that would be Eukaryotic or Prokaryotic cell I have yet to decide.) To keep in line with the gaming theme, a new layout struck me.

Character menu/ Character Bio's with turn around.

Existing in a fair few combat games are character menu's, in which you can get a 360 degree turn around of said character and a database full of information about them and any equipment they carry. There are quite a few previews with this format to showcase new 'skins' for characters or armour designs and so forth.

My creative partner Peta-Gaye helped me a lot by finding me this clip which is very close to what I had in mind when thinking about this idea of character menu's.



I've  had many helpful hints on this idea so far. Sam pointed me in the direction of a whole lsit of games with interesting character menu's; Mortal Kombat, Tekken, Street Fighter, Soul Calibur... 

Images of these games menu's can be seen below.







Using a combination of these game menus I hope to create a visual break down of the structure of a cell with short animated features of the functions of particular organisms. There would be a turn around shot of the cell on one half of the page with a data window on the opposite side. I hope to create visuals of these soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment