Featured post

'Thinking Outside the Box'- The Bob Animations

I give you the first of 'The Bob Animations.' I hope you enjoy this little animation. The next one is already in production!!!

Monday, 18 March 2013

Project 4: The Fantastic Voyage- (Post-Pitch)

Pitch completed, and my animation idea is taking a new direction. It was suggested to me that my design and game theme could become an app. Looking back at my animation it appears to be the bestt way to save it from the thoroughly boring linear text book thing I had going. Grabbing the idea with both hands I've tried to kick start some reseach. A good way to start would be to look into the gestures you find on various devices for example the iPad below.



There are a multitude of gestures I could use within the interface design of my animation to navigate a Eukaryotic cell at leisure.




Other inspirational influences come from various films I was pointed towards. A key one being 'Minority Report', then another sup'd up version would be the depiction of Jarvis and all the other CG wonders used in the 'Iron Man' movies. The full-body swipe actions used in the minority report could be synonymous with the idea that an app of my animation could be used on a large interactive whiteboard and such like.





Now the plan is to create a few Pre-Viz samples to try and test various camera movements within a space, and also provide me with the oppertunity to test out applying some layers using Adobe After Effects.

1 comment: