Featured post

'Thinking Outside the Box'- The Bob Animations

I give you the first of 'The Bob Animations.' I hope you enjoy this little animation. The next one is already in production!!!

Wednesday, 8 May 2013

CG Artists Toolkit- (Smooth Bind Edit Weights, Mirrored Blend Shapes, Sculpt Deformers)

Smooth bind edit weights

This was one very long tutorial and only on my third visit to complete it (yep it took me three separate sessions) did I finally start to get ito the swing of altering the weights of the points. I'm quite pleased with the fiished item.


Mirrorred Blend Shapes

This blend shapes tutorial was a good one. Fairly quick and easy to understand I feel I have got the gist of how to create and mirror them properly. I was however mildly amused at how the face of this character slightly resembled Sheldon Cooper from 'Big Bang Theory' when I over rotated the jaw at one stage. (See below)



Sculpt Deformers

I find it interesting that in order to create the muscles contracting and relaaxing natural to human motion, we essentially have to implant a 'blow-up' NURB deformer into a 3D model. With a little keying the result can be seen below.







No comments:

Post a Comment