Having completed a sort of bust of my villain sometime ago, I tried to do the same thing for my more recently redesigned Gecko/Chimp. This time I tried to stay truer to to a Gecko's face and attempted the detail of scales.
I then did a similar things with the Hero design. Trying to imitate a dogs bone structure for the most part. The grafting on of the ears however proves to be a really tricky challenge. I really like the profile view of this character but I'm left unconvinced by the 3/4 and face on views.
Out of the pair of face on angles, the left was the original drawing, the right was a photoshop manipulated test to alter the positioning of the ears. Finding a 'normal' relaxed position for these is also proving rather difficult!