Featured post

'Thinking Outside the Box'- The Bob Animations

I give you the first of 'The Bob Animations.' I hope you enjoy this little animation. The next one is already in production!!!

Saturday, 1 February 2014

Adaptation: Photoshop to After Effects Test

In order to get into my animating, it was only right to complete a test animation first and figure out my boundaries. I had been intending to use the 'puppet tool' to pin joints in the arms and legs. However I found that keeping hands and feet on separate layers (even when parented) they didn't stick to the wrists of puppeted arms. I assume the legs will behave the same way. I'll conduct another test tomorrow, this time with hands and arms, and feet and legs as single pieces. Then I can make an informed decision as to whether to create more layers or use the puppet tool for more movement in quadruped/biped characters. There may be much to consider but in any case I am pleased to introduce the Aye Aye!


3 comments:

  1. agreed! Great stuff - just watch your blog template Emily - your videos are wider than the template...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sam Niemcyzk needs you and your subconscious! See link:

    http://ucarochester-cgartsandanimation.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/fao-everyone-sam-cgaa-year-2-niemczyk.html

    ReplyDelete