Featured post

'Thinking Outside the Box'- The Bob Animations

I give you the first of 'The Bob Animations.' I hope you enjoy this little animation. The next one is already in production!!!

Wednesday, 8 January 2014

CG Artists Toolkit: Texturing, colour blocking and shaders

This was quite a hassle of a tutorial to complete (mainly because I tried to use the techniques on my own character who has her own fair share of differences and problems.) I couldn't scale Lucy for one thing due to her eyebrows fritzing out and being left behind (despite searching for the cluster groups that should fix the problem.) However all I found was an influence object and no matter what I did with it, it refused to play ball. So Lucy remains a minuscule being in the world. Despite this hiccup I went onwards.

The scattering and things really got going on her face, but in trying to replicate the networks for her arms and legs I somehow lost the light maps and the offer to create new ones never appeared. I eventually found what I thought was the plugin but I'm not entirely sure they worked…

Despite all the issues and the gaffing around trying to get this going I really like the surface scattering that happens with the skin shaders. The almost porcelain quality it gave to Lucy's features was quite nice, if a little bit creepy.










No comments:

Post a Comment