Featured post

'Thinking Outside the Box'- The Bob Animations

I give you the first of 'The Bob Animations.' I hope you enjoy this little animation. The next one is already in production!!!

Saturday, 1 February 2014

Adaptation: Another Test Animation

I completed another test, this time incorporating some environment ideas I'd had for each character. It needs to be kept simple so that text can eventually be layered over the top.  After Effects 'puppet' tool really helped to bring the Blobfish to life and a similar effect was achieved with the motion of the arms in the Proboscis Monkey. However the movement in the monkey is rather limited. I might use the tool for elbow to wrist motion in the final animation but probably not for entire limbs, as it would appear to cause too much distortion.

I managed to finally try and embody the scattering metaphor with the Proboscis monkey. However instead of scattering the components I simply faded them out one by one and the result does appear satisfying and effective  One of the original intentions was to use this idea as also a method of transition from one scene to the next. This may be a case of trialling the technique whilst completing the final animation. For now please enjoy this test. I really pushed to create a light hearted sense of character about these guys.





2 comments:

  1. :D - and you might just want to think about giving the 'fade out' a subtle sound signature?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been looking into sound design. I have been trying to find general ambience for rain forests and undersea environments. Something that's subtle rather than loud and overbearing. I feel I might want a child friendly jingle to sit over the top of the environment sounds until the end at which point the fact the animals are endangered is made clear.

      Delete