Featured post

'Thinking Outside the Box'- The Bob Animations

I give you the first of 'The Bob Animations.' I hope you enjoy this little animation. The next one is already in production!!!

Friday, 28 February 2014

CG Artists Toolkit: Dynamics- Sketching Particles and Particles Grids



A fairly simple tutorial this one and thoroughly intriguing into how particles work within Maya. I quite liked testing out the making of a cloud. The only criticism to my video is that for some reason the Blue background did not render out. And on inserting one in after effects I was made aware of a rather angelic halo around the cloud. Its probably a case of re-rendering, but for the sake of viewing particle effects as an object moves against them I think it is fairly successful.



Here is a rendition of Fog using grid particles. Once you get past the temperamental magnetic tool when creating the grid of particles, its plain sailing. I am amazed at how quick and simple it is to create a foggy outlook and the result is quite atmospheric.

No comments:

Post a Comment