Featured post

'Thinking Outside the Box'- The Bob Animations

I give you the first of 'The Bob Animations.' I hope you enjoy this little animation. The next one is already in production!!!

Thursday, 8 May 2014

Cg Artists Toolkit: Instancing Objects, Instance Rotations, Goal Weights and Animated Instances

Instancing Objects

Below is an example of instancing objects. The sample here is a conveyor belt seemingly churning out objects.


Instance Rotations

In my attempt to complete the instance rotations file, I hit a flaw somewhere. I have a feeling it may be around the point in which I created the 360 arrows in their rotation. I realised in my outliner I was missing a second group (the instances group I think) and then later on Maya kept throwing this error message at me.

Error: file: /Applications/Autodesk/maya2013/Maya.app/Contents/scripts/AETemplates/AEdynParticleInstancerNew.mel line 491: Could not find attribute named ".cycle"

In any case, despite following the tutorial, I have arrows that fire well, but have no rotation. (Which was the point in the exercise.) So they're all at the same angle :/  I think I will have to give this one another go another time.


Goal Weights

 The videobelow is a playblast of the goal weights tutorial. This took a rather long time to complete what with competing with error messages and being left uncertain as to what was wrong or if it affected anything. Despite my arrows ending not quite right, my butterflies did start to behave themselves.


Animated Instances

Below is an example of animated instances. A spider-bot invasion climbs down a ramp.

No comments:

Post a Comment