Featured post

'Thinking Outside the Box'- The Bob Animations

I give you the first of 'The Bob Animations.' I hope you enjoy this little animation. The next one is already in production!!!

Thursday, 25 September 2014

The New Minor Project Proposal

For my final year I would like to create a short animation combining 2D and 3D techniques. The subject being based on Irish Celtic Mythology. In particular a Goddess named Morrigan. Using some of the earlier research, I have decided to create an origin story for her, taking features from the myth and giving her a tragic romantic story which is sketched out below.



I have a certain aesthetic theme I am keen on and in a bid to find more of the same I researched into television, games, films, and illustration. The following are the influences I gleaned from these searches.


When it came to the concept art of the characters from 'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows' 'Three Brothers' animation. I stumbled upon the art blog of one of the designers- Dale Newton  and it was here I found some early concept design for the angular characters and also some colour keys, which I find valuable for the kind of scenes I would like to be setting.

I've incorporated some sketches below of scenes mentioned in the step outline as I try to express the vision i have for this project.

Morrigan predicts the death of her Warrior

Morrigan meets her Warrior

A tree through the changing seasons as time passes for the couple


By the end of the Minor project I hope to have completed all pre-production ready for animation in the Major project. I also hope I improve my skills, particularly within Autodesk Maya and achieve successful storytelling through predominantly visual elements.

No comments:

Post a Comment