Featured post

'Thinking Outside the Box'- The Bob Animations

I give you the first of 'The Bob Animations.' I hope you enjoy this little animation. The next one is already in production!!!

Thursday, 9 October 2014

Character Designing: The Warrior Silhouettes

The main theme when creating my characters is that I want to base them on the shapes of celtic knots and patterns. So far I'm finding this really quite hard to create with. But I'm hoping with some inspiration from 'The Secret of Kells', looks into the old scriptures of the real book of Kells and more patterns, things might start to jump out at me with regards to how I design the characters.


So far I think my personal favourite is the body of 11, but also perhaps 6 and 7.

3 comments:

  1. 8 is your strongest for a warrior. Perhaps try these in a more warrior pose as he wont ever be seen straight on (if I'm guessing you style idea right)? 11 is strong to but also a bit villainous, maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also like 8, the broad shoulders and his height are really making him feel like a warrior :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like 1 and 8, but I think 8 fits more for a warrior : )

    ReplyDelete