Featured post

'Thinking Outside the Box'- The Bob Animations

I give you the first of 'The Bob Animations.' I hope you enjoy this little animation. The next one is already in production!!!

Friday, 7 November 2014

Character Designing- The Crow- Phase 3

The crow was losing its sense species in the previously posted thumbnails and so going back to photographic inspiration I tried to emulate the proportions better. It is proving quite difficult incorporating the necessary features with the knot theme, especially due to the extreme shapes a bird can create by simply opening its wings but also tucking them away.

The thumbnail sheets below show the knot patterns across the crow both with widespread wings from the front but also the same design as I guess it might appear in profile.



I find I'm drawn to 7, for the wing and tail designs, although the profile view offers a little less this might work in my favour. I also like 3 in particular for its profile view, although the feet don't fit as well with that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment