Featured post

'Thinking Outside the Box'- The Bob Animations

I give you the first of 'The Bob Animations.' I hope you enjoy this little animation. The next one is already in production!!!

Friday, 16 January 2015

Modelling the Hag

The progression of images below are from two separate sessions modelling the hag. I'd just forgotten to post them so far.

I am at the point now where I simply need to finish the cloak and then add the piped edging to it. I'm going to experiment with how I create the feathery edges of the cape by first creating a transparency. Because I am uncertain as to how to model so many details without creating excessive geometry. this may of course be the only way, but there is no harm in trying. I am also hoping to apply a two-tone shader, so that the hags head doesn't disappear into a black abyss when the hood is raised.












Here I am just beginning to create the UV snapshot ready to take into Photoshop and test the transparency idea. I hope it all goes well, otherwise that cloak mesh is about to get very very dense!!

2 comments: