Featured post

'Thinking Outside the Box'- The Bob Animations

I give you the first of 'The Bob Animations.' I hope you enjoy this little animation. The next one is already in production!!!

Thursday, 2 April 2015

Environment Designing- The Hills of the Dead

I was in need of a redesign of this particular section of the animation. There is to be a wide panning shot of a desolate battlefield. What with the landscape being so stark, I started to experiment with more bold simplistic looks, getting ever so slightly more detailed as I continued. I then used the same scenes again with some additional complexities. Any thoughts on which combinations work best would be wonderful. I intend to build this wide panning shot in the next few days!


My personal preference is to combine the sherbet skyline in four with the grey lighting used in 2.

1 comment:

  1. Your personal combination sounds pretty good! And maybe you could use a sort of more blue-green-ish tone instead of the grey lighting, a bit like in these?

    http://fc09.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2014/049/3/1/leave_no_eye_open_to_weep_for_the_dead_by_beckycloonan-d770n8d.jpg

    http://36.media.tumblr.com/4b4172452f03f9c5a125665df0ae2949/tumblr_nc5mzzSwxq1s2mdvno1_1280.jpg

    ReplyDelete