Featured post

'Thinking Outside the Box'- The Bob Animations

I give you the first of 'The Bob Animations.' I hope you enjoy this little animation. The next one is already in production!!!

Tuesday, 21 April 2015

Environment Designs- Treetop Hill Blossoms and Planar work

So more recently I've been tackling the trees some more and in particular adding geometry to act as the blossoms for the Spring sequence and the additional bump mapping of the tree. I had to go back into Photoshop and refine the map. In the close up you could see an awful amount of pixelation. I also went back in an adjusted the distant tree planes so that they were less obviously flat but the addition of the last 3D tree definitely helps break up the horizon.





Later I moved onto the planar work of the background and building the distant villages. It still needs works. I get the feeling I may need to divide the distant trees into more planes and stagger them. Im hoping to be able to emulate their shadows without having to model them. We shall see shortly I hope. I have a few details that need adding such as a sort of marriage between the ground and the trees. 




No comments:

Post a Comment