I've had to tweak the environment slightly to ensure these characters can bee seen against the blackness of the night, such as shifting a tree here and there. I've also made the moonlight slightly bluer and the fire glare more orange. The gobo scales were adjusted so that the casting shadows of the branches and leaves were of a more believable size.
I'm trialing a different shader on the line work of my characters so they appear a little more responsive to the light of the fire and the moon. The surface shader has been replaced with an average lambert creating the effects below on my two characters.
Surface Shaders Lambert Shaders
I think Morrigan rather vanishes into the background, so I tried a variety of ideas in an attempt to draw her out of the dark, Firstly I applied the moon colour to her line work which wasn't much better. I went back to the pale yellow lambert and began to play with first, incandescence. This resulted in a paler but bleached line.
I then combined incandescence with ambient colour and resulted in something brighter still. But I finally feel I might have settled on using ambient colour alone as the colour remains but feels a little boosted in comparison to the others.
Moon Colour [Sepia with] Incandescence
Incandescence and Ambient Colour Ambient Colour
I am pleased with progress so far. I will give it a little more tweaking then I believe this scene will be ready to render and the remainder of the campfire shots in needs of the same treatment!