Featured post

'Thinking Outside the Box'- The Bob Animations

I give you the first of 'The Bob Animations.' I hope you enjoy this little animation. The next one is already in production!!!

Wednesday, 11 May 2016

The Turner Contemporary!

A few months ago I was invited to take part in a collaborative project alongside other UCA Computer Animation Arts alumni to create animations with artists based in Kenya!

UCA and MASK (The Mobile Arts School Kenya) teamed up to animate award wining artworks by MASK students. Over 2 months each alumni worked with their respective artists to realise their artworks as one and a half minute looping animations.

I was partnered up with the lovely Churchill Ongere and his artwork entitled 'Greener Pastures and the Colours of Youth.' I really enjoyed collaborating (rather more extensively through WhatsApp) making sure I stayed as true to the soul of Churchill's piece as possible.

His collage revolved around themes of growing up- Young people figuring themselves out and where they want to be in the world.  Constantly changing, a little awkward at times, but full of passion and colour.


Upon completion of the project our work went on display in a few places. This weekend just gone I took a trip to Margate to see the exhibition at the Turner Contemporary!

MASK Artwork




2 comments: